Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dorkasaurus!?

So, however says that free books are "meh", the leave. Please. Free books are amazing! That is one thing I absolutely love about my Baker College (I'm sure all of their campus do the same thing). When they go to make room for new books in their library, they set out a couple of carts of older books that the students can take. You can take as many as you want... for free. Free books!? Fuck yea! Count me in. I picked up a lot. And while I know they have updated versions, I can still either read them, or use them for references.

Here are the list of books I obtained:
  • Medical Terms -- Their Roots and Origins; A.R.Tindall
  • Dictionary of Biotechnology; J. Coombs
  • Stedman's Medical Speller; Stedmans
  • Common Medical Abbreviations; Luis R. DeSousa
  • Veterinary Clinical Parasitology; Margaret W. Sloss, Russell L. Kemp, Anne M. Zajac
  • Microbiology for Veterinary Technicians; Ikram and Hill
  • Physiological and Clinical Anatomy of the Domestic Mammals; A.S. King
  • Awake to Wildlife -- Great Lakes Wildlife Almanac; Tim Nowicki (Just for funsys)
  • Michigan Trees Worth Knowing; Norman F. Smith (Another just for funsys)
As you can see, I have an awkward style of "pleasure reads". But that's what makes me that much more interesting. Or... dorky... if you want to call me that. Either way, I'm -very- excited. I just have to figure out where I'm going to cram these. I have so many books, it isn't funny. x_o Well... it kinda is... But still. I need a bigger bookshelf. I really do... So many cookbooks, guildbooks, dictionaries, novels, manga... xD; I found out how many manga books I really have when we had to clear my room out for painting last spring. It was uh... quite pleasing, to some degree.

Any way, busy busy student with school work. So I thought I would leave a short note stating that I not only have a weird interest in books for reading, but also that I do plan to read them. I don't think I'll write anything about them though. You all might not find that interesting.

Danii signing off. :)

1 comment: